"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man."Winston S. Churchill
Horseback riding lessons and activities for children and adults with and without disabilities. Read more
Volunteer in our Therapeutic Horsemanship Program
Our dedicated volunteers are the heart of our program as side walkers, leaders, and helpers in the barn. With over 90 riders each week, we have a large, committed group of volunteers, and welcome more.
Camp Cheerful’s Therapeutic Horsemanship Riding Center is located in the beautiful Cleveland Metroparks Mill Stream Run Reservation in Strongsville.
- Must be 14 years of age and older.
- No experience is necessary; training is provided.
- Attend a two hour orientation/training session prior to volunteering.
- Commitment to attend class each week for the length of a session, typically 10 weeks.
- Assist with supporting the rider during mounting and dismounting
- Walk next to the rider throughout the class
- Help the rider follow directions given by the instructor
- Estimated total hours; two hours per day, per class (more classes available)
Achievement Centers for Children is an authorized licensee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Park District. Inquiries regarding the cooperative relationship may be directed to the Chief Executive Officer, Cleveland Metroparks, 4101 Fulton Parkway, Cleveland, Ohio 44144; 216-635-3200.